1 med onion chopped
1 med tomato chopped
3 large potatoes peeled and cubbed
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/4 tsp of cumin seeds
1/4 tsp of mustard seeds
1 1/2 mixed masala
1/2 turmeric powder
2 curry leaves
1 green chilli pepper
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 stem of ginger finely chopped
165ml of coconut cream
a handful of fresh coriander
- Add olive oil to a large pot on medium heat, add the chopped onions, green chilli pepper, bay leaves, cumin and mustard seeds to the pot and let that braise for 5 minutes.
- Once the onions are nice and soft add the ginger and garlic followed by the Masala and Turmeric spices, let that braise with the onion mixture for 3-5 min. Keep on stirring.
- Add chopped tomato to the spiced onion mixture with a 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes to the tomato mix, followed by 2-3 cups of water (depending on the size of your pot) let this cook for 10-15 minutes till the potatoes are halfway cooked. Salt for taste.
- Add in the frozen peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream to the pot and let it cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
I hope you enjoy it 🙂