- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 3 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & a bit of pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth.
Add water and blend for an additional 1-2 minutes.
And you’re done 🙂 you can use this as a side to one of your fav crackers or fresh veggies or add it to your toast and wraps.
Till next time,